Happy Wednesday!  
The week is just flying by...  
Over the weekend we did a TON 
of yard work in the backyard.  
I woke up on Tuesday 
with a mild case of Poison Oak.  
I know it was Poison Oak 
and NOT Poison Ivy 
because I always break out 
in small little bumps with Poison Oak 
and a terrible blistering rash with Poison Ivy.  
So far it isn't bothering me too much, 
so thank goodness for that,
because I like being outside working in the yard.   
I always seem to have better luck 
with the plants Outdoors 
than I do with the ones 
I have Indoors!  
I recently bought two ivy plants 
(thank goodness not the poison kind) 
for the Living room and Dining Room.  
I love real flowers and plants in my home.  
Ivy is relatively easy to keep alive.  
I just have to remember to water it...
I had a beautiful ivy plant last year 
in the kitchen that I had kept alive 
for quite a while.  
I went out of town and asked the kids 
to water the plants...
I came home and it was 
as dead as a doornail.  
I asked them why they didn't water it...  
They said that it looked so real 
that it must have been FAKE!  
I can't win!  
I am hoping to have better luck 
with them this year.  
Yes, the kids AND the plants!
So, here is my question 
for all of you out there reading this...  
I buy an orchid every year 
and they are always so pretty 
and the flowers last a long time.  
I had read that putting 2-3 ice cubes, 
like in the photo, 
each week is the best way to water them.  
After doing some Google research 
it turns out that may not be the case. 

Do you have any advice for me?  

I always seem to end up throwing 
them away after a time...  
I just figured that I am terrible 
at taking care of plants...
 Maybe I am just better off with something fake...  

Good thing I ordered this ^^^
when it came around on 
Decor Steals last month!  

Let me know in the comments 
what your experience has been 
with the "Ice" method...  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top