I was out Estate Sale-ing 
this weekend with Mr. Beaux.  
He likes to go with me 
sometimes to hang out.  
So, we were in this house 
where a floral designer 
lived and I was upstairs mulling 
over some mirrored candle stands 
and he texts me from the basement.  
He had spotted this silver tea set.  
He knew that I had been trying 
to find one at a reasonable 
price for a long time.  
Since Saturday was half off day, 
it was quite a bargain.  
It's a FB Rogers 1883 Silver-plated 
set with all of the markings.  
It was probably made sometime after the 1940's.  
It's not that the value is that great,
it was the fact that I wanted a silver tea set 
for decorative reasons.  
I polished it up over the weekend.  
I polished while I talked to Mr. Beaux, 
I polished while I talked to my middle son, 
I polished when my oldest son came to pick up his dog...  
I polished while I watched a movie on pay per view.  
A lot of polishing to get this shine back!  
But look how pretty is is now.  
I love all of the detail in the handles 
and the top of the lids.
Not bad for $42.00!  
I like having pretty silver out 
knowing that I didn't pay a fortune for it.
All of my silver, 
in fact came from Estate Sales, 
usually for just a few dollars a piece.  
Here is some of my pieces in the laundry room.
More silver in the open shelving.  
Silver used as a towel holder 
in the guest room bath.
So get out your silver 
and find some fun ways to display it!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,


Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top