OK, I know that I am a little late 
with this according to Blogland 
and that I should be showing 
you an Easter Mantel right about now.  
But, life has a way 
of taking up my time in ways 
that are more important than a Mantel 
which by definition is an 
"ornamental shelf above a fireplace" 
and not a Mantle which is 
"a loose, sleeveless cloak, or something that covers".  
Yes, I looked it up because I am a Virgo 
and I certainly can't publish this without checking first.  
So what important things have I been up to 
besides decorating my mantel?  
Well, I had a staging job today that went well.  
And Miss Beaux got asked to the Prom!  
That will surely be taking up a lot of my time....  
 When I went to Nell Hill's last weekend 
I found these adorable ferns 
that I thought would be perfect 
to put in an apothecary jar 
and place on the mantel.  
They had a round dirt bottom 
with roots and everything 
that made them look so realistic.  
So, I got out all of my apothecary jars 
and cleaned them all up 
and tried to put the first one in 
and it didn't fit!!!  
I was tempted to force it in there 
just to show it who was boss 
but I figured I would break the glass jar.  
I was unable to let the dream die 
so I searched around the house 
for other glass objects for my ferns.  
A cloche and a glass jar would work.  
Then I rounded up some potting soil, 
rocks and moss to make them into little terrariums.  
 I cut a ferm stem from a fake plant 
that I have and placed everything into the jar.
Satisfied with my apothecary jars 
I set about decorating the mantel.  
I wanted a simple theme with only green and white.  
I've had these fern prints for a long time.  
They used to be in different frames 
and I put them into 
black frames for more contrast.  
I wasn't sure if I liked the fern prints 
so I went hunting around for something else.  
This tray was a gift from my BFF 
from guess where?  
Yep, Nell Hill's!  
Love that place!  
I like this arrangement too...  

I will keep it this way for a while...

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Sharing at:
 Between Naps On The Porch 
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House


What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond 
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top