I have to admit 
that I have a love affair 
with my Lilacs 
about this time every year.  
Unfortunately, 
it is a love affair that cannot last ~ 
at least not once I bring them inside.  
They only seem to last 
a day or two once they are cut.
They are so fragrant and beautiful 
in my front yard.  
Their delicate little flowers adorning each stem.  
I like to go out early in the morning 
and cut a few branches 
to bring inside.  
I creep around to the back of the bush 
(still in my pajama pants) 
with my bucket and clippers 
and snip off enough 
to place in a vase 
in the kitchen or entry way.  
On Saturday 
I clipped a huge bunch 
to create a centerpiece 
for the dining room table. 
I thought it would look pretty 
for Miss Beaux's Prom Party.  
They say that you can split the stems 
to help the arrangement last longer.  
I didn't have enough time that day 
but I will try it in the future.  
It's easy to do a Mass arrangement 
like this using only one type of flower.  
You just start placing the branches 
into the wet floral foam 
around the edges 
and then filling in the middle by height.  
If you see a bare spot 
then just add more flowers.  
I love when they spill 
over the edges of the container.  
This type of arrangement is really failproof.  
I was talking to a friend of mine today at work 
and we were sharing our respective Prom pictures.  
He commented on the lilacs 
in the background of the photos.  
You can see them HERE.  
He this told me 
that his lilac bushes 
are right by his bedroom window 
and that at night 
you can smell them as you are sleeping.  
Now THAT would be Heaven!
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:


Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top