"So, listen..." 
That's what I always say 
before I am about to really express my feelings.  
My family all knows that's when it is coming...  
I may be talking about family issues 
or just wanting someone to know exactly how I feel.  
But it always starts with 
"So, Listen"  
... Sooooooo, Listen,
Blogging is hard sometimes.  
I know that it looks easy 
but it is hard work behind the scenes.  
I was sitting here in the kitchen 
and working on editing pictures of my Living Room 
and my son came home from work.  
He asked me what was wrong 
because I wasn't my cheerful self.  
I told him that I was having trouble editing 
the pictures for the post 
because of a long list of circumstances...  
It has been raining for several days, 
I was not 100% happy with the pictures that I did take, 
there are missing elements in the room 
that I am either waiting for or need to acquire, etc...
So he actually came back to me 
with some really great advice.  
He said 
"Mom, if you always put your best work 
out there then where do you go from there?"  
"How do you improve?"  
"Sometimes you have a deadline 
and you just have to put it out there, 
that's how you get better."  
And then I remembered... 
This is a BLOG!  
Right?  
A blog is a journey.  
A blog is like a diary. 
A blog is not a national publication 
like a magazine or a professional website.  
I am not a professional photographer 
and I certainly can't show you finished products 
on a daily basis.  
I would have to be superhuman to accomplish that!  
So, Listen, 
I have been working on my Living Room 
and I like where some things are going 
and other things are still in progress.  
But nevertheless, 
I am actually excited to show you!  
I was inspired by the designer 
Stephan Schubel's gallery wall.  
The problem was that I didn't have enough pictures 
to fill the wall.  
So I procrastinated in that room 
and left the paintings leaning up against the wall 
for over a month now since we painted.  
The Prom deadline pushed me 
to get it finished at least presentable for the event.  
We bought these paintings in Venice 
and had them framed when we got home.  
The plate hanging above 
was hand painted by Mr. Beaux's grandmother.  
I was so happy to find a prominent spot to hang it up.
  The companion painting 
and another hand painted plate.  
I wish that I had a close up 
but I will show you another time.  
Our Venice painting that we had commissioned 
for us from a photograph.  
We had dinner under that third red awning.
Because I didn't have enough 
to fill a whole wall 
I moved our wine cabinet to the center of the wall.  
The sofa is now against the windows 
with a sofa table behind it.
It brings the sofa into the room more 
and gives me an opportunity 
to display my treasures.
Like this painting that we found in Napa.  
It reminds me of the wheat fields in Kansas.  
 I pulled in my little rescued Estate Sale 
table from the Hearth Room 
to sit beside my Bergere chair. 
And the journey continues....  
I want to thank each and every one of you 
who visit each day.  
This is why I blog.  
I truly enjoy all of the vast creativity 
that the other bloggers possess 
and the community spirit that we enjoy.  
I don't think that I say that enough. 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top