source

 I would like to send out 
my thoughts and prayers 
to those who were affected 
by the shootings that occurred today 
in Overland Park.  
Wow!  
About a mile from my home, 
across the street from my daughter's high school 
a man shot at people in the Jewish Community Center 
and the Village Shalom- a retirement center.  
He killed three people and injured others.  
This is still sinking in for me and my family.  
I drive by this very spot no less 
than three times a week.  
Unbelievable.  
We were glued to the TV 
most of the afternoon waiting for news.  
Miss Beaux came home from an outing 
with a friend already knowing 
about the incident.  
Twitter...  
I am sad and confused 
as to why these unspeakable crimes occur. 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top