Another beautiful weekend here in the Midwest!  
My weekend started off by welcoming 
a new member to the family:  
A new sectional for the Kitchen Hearth Room.  
What prompted this new addition?  
Well, lots of ideas rattle around in this brain of mine...  
Here is the last look we had at the 
Hearth Room right before 
Miss Beaux's graduation in May.  
The whole room was bothering me!  
I just felt that there was 
too much furniture in the room.  
Or as my BFF said "too many legs".  
Yep!  Too many legs!  
Not to mention that the ottoman fabric 
had seen better days 
and our favorite chair 
had been ripped up by my son's dog.  
So, I took my floor-plan 
and started sketching over it 
with some tracing paper.  
I drew this plan when the house was built.  
It's handy to have 
whenever I am making changes.  
I thought that a sectional 
would be a better alternative 
to neaten up the space, 
especially if we plan 
to sell the house next year.  
I measured the space 
to see how large of a sectional 
I could fit in here.  
I decided that a sectional 
that was 102"X102" 
would be the max that would fit comfortably.  
But even with all of the measuring 
I doubt myself sometimes...
Here is the space with out the seagrass rug.  
Yes, the floor is wet!  
I was mopping before the new furniture arrived.  
I did some pre-shopping on the internet 
before I went out looking.  
I wanted something that would be neutral 
enough to change with the seasons.  
I liked the look of the Pottery Barn 
Slipcovered Sectional, but I sure didn't like the price.  
So I thought I would venture out 
to Nebraska Furniture Mart on Labor Day Weekend 
to see what they had to offer.  
I found a great sectional in the "scratch and dent" 
(well that's what we call it) section of the store.  
It was perfect at 102"X102" 
but I wasn't completely sold on the fabric.  
It was made by Huntington House 
and originally $8,000 marked down to $3,000.  
We asked the saleslady why it was 
in the clearance center and she researched it 
and told us that the people had returned it 
because it was too large for their space.  
THAT IS WHY YOU MEASURE!!!  
I know that they had to pay a restocking fee etc...  
I passed on it because I knew 
that I couldn't return it if I didn't like it.  
On Sunday I found this 
slipcovered sectional at JCPenney.  
I dragged brought Mr. Beaux with me 
to the store that Labor Day Monday 
to check it out.  
I loved the fabric and the size 
so we ordered it with all of our coupons and discounts.  
Of course, like I said, I never trust myself 
so I taped out the measurements on the floor 
to see how much space it would take up.  
It measures 100"X100".  
It looks like the perfect fit.  
I waited and waited on delivery day 
and finally it arrived!
YAY!  It fits perfectly!  
It makes the whole space look so much bigger!  
So now I had to figure out 
what chair I would place with it.  
Mr. Beaux and I dragged every chair up 
to the hearth room to try it out.  
We finally decided on the comfy chair 
and ottoman and we will be recovering it soon.  
Of course you know that I can't let it just sit 
like that with the original pilllows!  
Let's decorate!
I have a million ideas swimming 
around in my head, 
but this will have to do for now.  
I have an upholsterer lined up for this week 
to recover the chair and ottoman.  
I have some fabric picked out too.  
But right now I am just enjoying 
the added space 
and the cozy seating arrangement. 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
French Country Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top