Hello Everyone! 
 I thought I'd share a new remodel project that I'm working on.  The house that my girlfriend just moved into is really great but the Master Bath has some issues.  Since they were going to remodel the Basement anyway they decided to tackle the bath at the same time.  Here is the Bath as it was when the house was for sale.
It's a pretty large space as you can see.  
Here is another view into the bedroom.
The biggest problem in this bath is the vanity height.  My clients are both very tall and they have to lean way over the tiny 30" vanities.  The lighting is also really poor.  The natural sunlight through the skylight is great as long as it's a nice sunny day.  Recessed lights in a soffit is the poorest lighting you can have for a vanity.  You end up with shadows and bags under your eyes!  Not very flattering.  The bathtub needs to be replaced and they want to raise the shower half wall for more privacy.  We have already met with a few contractors and have selected one that we have both worked with before. I thought you might like coming along with me and seeing the process that I go through during each design phase.  
 
The first thing I do is sketch out the floorplan.  In this case we are not changing anything structurally, just cosmetically. I talk to the clients and discuss what their needs are as I have mentioned above.  I encourage them to show me pictures of their inspirations.  In this case we met at Barnes and Noble in the cafe and broke out our Pinterest files on our IPADs and scoured the magazines and books.  Here are a few of the Inspiration photos:

All Photos from Pinterest

From there I sketch while we talk,
Then I go to my drawing board and draw up a preliminary sketch,
These are what I show to the contractor to get a bid started.  This makes it a lot easier to get closer to the real dollar amount.
And more drawings to bring to the cabinet shop and the Tile and stone shop.  There are still some issues to work out and that's when we all sit down and brainstorm some more.  Once we work out the design we will pick out cabinet door styles, moldings and hardware and the cabinet shop
 will begin production.  
There's A LOT more work to do so 
I hope you want to tag along with me!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy
Sharing at:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charmfor Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design 

Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts 
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top