Earlier this summer, I found this pretty *vintage* planter at TJMaxx.  While the color was a lovely light shade of lime, I'm afraid it just wasn't working for me, BUT, the price was right, and I knew that I could have a bit of fun with it.   

 
Finally, this past weekend, I got to play with it!  Out came my sample jars of CeCe Caldwell's Seattle Mist, AS Old White and AS Pure White.  I then chose a simple, French image from the fabulous Graphics Fairy, and, once the paint was dry, transferred the image to the front of the planter.  Of course, I then had to rough it up a bit after it dried with fine sandpaper:
 
 
Here is the AFTER!  I added a little burlap, pinecones and few seasonal picks to create a fun, Fall arrangment, which now sits on our dry bar!
 
 
Total cost for this project was $0.00(!), as I had everything I needed on hand!  Aren't those the best kind?

Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top