Help!  I've been held captive all week in this 70's Basement!  

Well, I guess it was consensual captivation since I did willingly sign up for the job of renovating my clients basement back in June.  Things are all happening at once which is both exciting and exhausting at the same time.   Painting, cabinetry, tile, granite, oh MY!!!  I haven't shared any of this with you so I guess I had better start at the beginning.  
This is the same house that I just finished remodeling the Master Bath.  The basement hadn't been touched since the 70's I'm guessing. This is what it looked like when it was up for sale.
Here it is all cleared out on move-in day.  Should we start with the obvious?  70's carpet, Mirrored columns, and can someone PLEASE tell me WHY in the world anyone would build a mile long bar butting up to the Fireplace????  
This is the view from behind the bar.  Squint real hard and look at the tiny little windows up there.  They don't let much natural light into the room.  The three doors lead to (starting from right to left) A storage room, a bathroom and the sump pump room. 

 We spent a lot of time kicking ideas around for this space. 
pinterest
 Things that the clients knew they wanted included a new bar,
pinterest

  a media space, 
google
 a place to play poker, 
pinterest
 and to turn the storage room into a craft room,
google

All on a budget!  
Whew!  
That's a tall order! 
As much as we pondered and planned 
the budget always won out.  
Doesn't that always happen?  
That's reality!  
What was great is that it forced us to get creative and re-purpose and narrow down exactly what it was that the clients wanted out of the space.  

Here is a little peak at the progress.  
See the new windows?  
That just by itself is the best improvement that could have been made!  Brick is being applied to the columns and lots of other good things are happening.  But you will have to wait a little longer for the full reveal.  
I'll continue to update you as progress is being made but for now I have to get back to my command post.

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

 Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
  Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top