When we invited our Realtors over last Sunday 
to talk about prices and dates and such, 
we had them walk through the house 
and give us their honest opinion 
of what still needed to be done and what we should change.  
When we got to the office 
 (which is to the left as soon as you walk into the front door) 
they commented on how dark the space was.  
I knew this but was trying to avoid painting another room.  
But the truth is the truth 
 and I want to sell my house. 
So, as soon as they left I started picking out paint colors. 
It's funny that this room no longer matches 
the rest of my light and bright house.  
But really, it was almost 11 years ago 
when we built the house and this room hasn't changed.  
It used to be Mr. Beaux's office 
but he needed more space so I moved down here.  
I do some of my blogging here 
but it is sometimes too dark for me to really see well 
so I move into another room.
It is really red isn't it?  
But I like the built ins and the warm wood wainscotting.  
Monday was a perfect day for painting.  
Mr. Beaux had taken my car into the shop 
so I was stuck in the house all day.  
Plus, a storm was coming in promising 
to dump more snow on us.  
I primed all the walls because of the dark red 
and then I started painting my "chosen" color.  
 I thought that a gray blue color would look good with all of 
the paneling but it was coming out more blue than gray.  
 What worried me the most is that you see the room 
 as soon as you enter the house.  
Hmmmmmmm
So, I dug around in the basement and found some 
more neutral colors and tested them on the wall.  
I narrowed it down to these two 
and of course you see the blue on the right.  
I had a gallon and a half of the Lenox Tan HC-44 
(Benjamin Moore) on the left that I ended up choosing.
Goodbye Dark and Dated Red!!!  
But I was a little sad that afternoon as I was painting 
that my blue idea was thrown out the window.  
Miss Beaux came home from school and stood in the doorway 
eating her snack and looked at the patch of wall next to the 
window that still had the blue on it.  
 "Why don't you paint the window wall blue Mom?"  
Such a genius she is!  

The Blue is really not noticeable 
until you are all the way in the room.  
It is like a happy surprise!  
How much brighter is this room now?  
 Of course, paint leads to new rugs and accessories.  
It is the natural order of things, right?  
I found this rug at Tuesday Morning.  
I wanted to be a little less traditional in this room so that the 
house would appeal to all buyers.  
And I found some coordinating artwork at Home Goods.  
Again, I went a little less traditional.  
I added a new chambray blue chair 
as the old chair was too bulky.  
 And a new lamp from Target with a graphic lampshade in the same blue tones. 
I re-accessorized using things I already had. 
 And I am putting a huge fork in this room and calling it DONE!  

Wait!!!  Let's see a side by side Before and After!
 What do you think? 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO

Sharing at:
Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  

 Judy at DIY by Design
  Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
          Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top