Hello Everyone!  
I am so thankful for this long weekend!  
I have lots of things to check off my to do list 
and hopefully I can sneak in a little bit of R&R too.  
I want to thank everyone that commented 
on my Empty Nest post.  
I love hearing your stories 
and I tried to respond to those who have emails 
associated with their comments.  
So far, so good and she is coming home 
over the holiday weekend.  
Of course my boys have now decided 
that they need more "Mom" time 
so they have been stopping by to work out in the gym, 
eat dinner and build a dog house with Mr. Beaux.  

I wanted to share my new kitchen rugs with you all.  
Lately, I have been disappointed 
my purchases for the house.  
I think I figured out that I was very distracted 
with Miss Beaux going off to college 
and I wasn't really focused on the house.  
Understandably so!  
So, when I get that way (distracted) 
I always remember to treat myself like a client.  
I need to go thru the whole process 
and not just guess.  
I would never just "hope" that something 
would coordinate with one of my clients!  
I always have my samples and measurements 
and colors with me when I shop.  
I plan it all beforehand so as to avoid mistakes.  
OK, so this is the "BEFORE" rug 
that I bought at Home Goods 
while Miss Beaux and I 
were out shopping for her Dorm.  
 And here is a coordinating rug in the same line.  
I wanted two rugs, 
one for the sink area 
and one for the French Doors out to the deck.  
I like the rugs and I love the quatrifoil pattern 
but the colors were just too bright for me.  
It just wasn't working!  
It was back to the drawing board...  
I was cruising around on Joss and Main 
and I saw this outdoor rug on sale.  
The price was great $22.95 for a 5X3 rug.  
So I ordered two.  
I loved the pattern and knew that the colors 
were more to my taste... 
More subdued and muted.  
And they matched my new Kitchen towels!  
 And my new placemats! 
 As luck would have it, 
I was contacted recently by RugpadUSA.com 
to review their rug pads.  
Perfect timing I would say!  
I am very particular about my rug pads 
on the hardwood floors.  
I have had experiences when working 
with model homes where the rug pads 
had disintegrated when we went 
to move the furniture out, 
leaving terrible marks behind.  
The floors had to be re-sanded and redone.  
That's a lot of money wasted because 
the wrong rug pad was used.  
This rug pad is the Superior-Lock pad 
made specifically for hardwood floors.  
It is felt on one side with a rubber backing.  
This rubber backing won't hurt your floors 
and it's quite cushiony which is important
when you have to stand and do dishes!
This is a flatweave rug so I ordered the rug pad 
with the slimmer profile.  
The best thing about my new rugs 
is that they are Indoor-Outdoor rugs!
Yep, I can just take them outside and hose them off!  
The ends will flatten out more as time goes on...  
And I am putting the other rugs 
in the upstairs Jack and Jill bath.
Have a great weekend!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Disclaimer: I write this blog for my own personal enjoyment and hopefully the enjoyment of others.  Occasionally, I am offered a product to review.  When that happens, the review is 100% my own opinion.  Unfortunately, most of the time my own opinion is based on things that I have purchased on my own and not supplied by others to review. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top