After taking down all of the Christmas decor 
I always feel a little lost and lonely.  
All of those warm and wonderful colors of the season 
are packed away and I am left with lots of blank spaces.  
I don't quite feel like pops of bright colors yet.  
I want to ease into Spring and enjoy this Winter weather 
and the simplicity of my decluttered spaces.  
It gives my mind something to look forward to 
 and gives me time to plan and dream of the warmer weather.
  Especially when it looks like this outside.
No Pic Monkey here, that is real fluffy white snow!  

I started with the space we spend the most time in: 
The Kitchen Hearth Room.

I left all of the white dishes above the Kitchen Cabinets 
along with the lights and greenery.  
It looked wintery to me 
and I liked the glow the little lights give off at night.
 
I also left this lantern up above the Dish Cupboard.  
I filled it with some snowy greens and white candles. 
The white bowl that I grew my paperwhites 
in is now filled with pinecones.  
I can't believe how tall my paperwhites were!  
Miss Beaux didn't like the way they smelled 
so she was happy to see them go.
 I filled the inside of the Dish Cupboard 
with silver and white dishes.  
I am really loving the way the silver shines 
with the lights inside of the cupboard.  
I set my little bottle brush trees from the Dollar Store 
on the vintage ironstone.
I love using what I have around the house 
to change things up.  
It is always more challenging and more cost effective 
to scour the house and find "like" items.  
It's like a scavenger hunt!
Here are some "new to me" pewter napkin rings.  
They are the cutest little animal shapes!  
I can't wait to use them in a tablescape.
I mixed the metals by using this Copper footed piece.  
I am crossing my fingers that Copper 
comes back into fashion.  
I really love the warmth and the patina that it takes on.  
I filled it with small silver trays.  

My favorite pewter pitcher with a sprig of greenery.
White plates stacked up like pancakes (January dieting stinks!) with a few pinecones.
And a large silver bowl with neutral linens 
all found at Estate Sales.  
Estate Sales... 
they always taper off during the winter months!  
Oh well, I will have to haunt the Antique Malls instead 
(or keep cleaning out my storage area 
and see what I uncover).
Doesn't this look simple but elegant?  
It's quite a change from Christmas
And here it is all in one shot.  

I have more to show you so make sure you check in on me!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

  linking up to these great parties: 

Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  

 Judy at DIY by Design
   Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
   No Minimalist Here Open House Party   
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
                                     Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top