Happy Monday Morning!  
I am so happy that today is a holiday, I needed the extra sleep!  
I have been working tirelessly on getting the house ready 
for my mom's visit.  
I'm sure she doesn't care whether or not my Tupperware 
drawer is clean or not but I do!  
Besides, it gives me an excuse to get some of these things done.  
I made some changes to the guest room 
while I was down there painting the bathroom 
that I shared with you last week.  
I am embarrassed to say that the inspiration for the changes 
came from some things that I found in the guest room closet
under a pile of linens.  
I had forgotten ALL about these treasures 
that I found at an Estate Sale a while back.  
Getting old and forgetting things really stinks.  
Or on a positive note, 
I guess that finding them under that pile of blankets 
was like Christmas all over again!  
Come on in and take a look at the changes that I made...
Can you guess where my Estate Sale treasures are?  
Yep, the florals over the bed.  
The painting in the middle is a beautiful piece 
that Mr. Beaux's grandmother Irene painted.  
I have had it forever and I adore the colors.  
The other two are hand painted still lifes in chippy old frames 
that I stole for under $5.00 each.  
When I hung these three painting up over the bed it led 
to a lot of other little changes.  
Isn't that the way things always go?  
I added the Ralph Lauren long ticking striped pillow and the vintage floral pillow to the bed.  
I switched the lamp shade out from the Paris black and white 
to this subtle toile shade that I found at Lowe's.  
I hung the large hand painted platter centered over the end table.  
On the dresser side of the room a few things changed also.  
This little lamp was also in the heap of lost treasures.  
It had an icky yellowed lamp shade that I switched out with this simple burlap shade.  
It wasn't quite tall enough for my liking so 
I elevated it on a couple of books.  
I added one of my favorite teacups and a fresh smelling candle.  

I love the color of these blue bottles.  
The candle holders remind me of driftwood.  
Paired together they seem soothing and calm like the ocean.  
I lined the shelf on the opposite wall 
with some of my favorite teacups.  
I conferenced with Miss Beaux 
(translates to I drug here into the 
guest room several times to ask her opinion) 
to make sure that I wasn't getting too Granny like with all of the florals and teacups.  
She either liked it or just wanted some peace and quiet...  
Hmmmmm, I am still not sure but it is easily changed.
The dropcloth slipcovered chair makes a nice spot 
for reading in the corner of the room.  
I made sure that there were a lot of magazines 
to peruse for my guest.  
I put them in this black and white bag that 
I spotted at Home Goods.  
And as a good hostess, I made sure to put out some amenities that would ensure that my special guest felt very special!  
A soft throw for chilly nights 
and a basket full of goodies in case of a snack emergency.
I think I might just sneak down here and pretend to be a guest!  
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO

linking up to:
 Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
 Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
 Judy at DIY by Design
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff  
Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits 
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

   No Minimalist Here Open House Party    
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Va
nessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party


          Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top