I hope you all are having a great week so far!
I wanted to share some home maintenance tips 
that I worked on over the weekend.  
After taking all of the 
Christmas pretties down I really wanted to 
deep clean the kitchen.  
One of the things on my list (for a while now)
was to seal and polish my granite counter tops.
I have used the Rock Doctor Granite Polish 
many times before but I had never used the Granite Sealer.
Since I really liked and trusted the product 
I decided to give it a go and try it out.
I found both products at Lowe's.
I cleared everything off of the counters and while I was at it 
I took apart the stove for cleaning.
Here is a close up of my granite on the island.  
You can see the small whitish marks. 
Those are small pits in the granite.  
The product, along with the polish 
is supposed to fill in these small pits.
I sprayed the Granite Sealer onto the counters and waited 
the 2-5 minutes before wiping it off.  
 The directions said to drop water onto the counters 
 and if it beaded up well then go onto the polish.  
 If it doesn't bead up well then apply another coat.  
 I was on the fence after the first coat 
 so I decided better safe than sorry 
 and I applied another coat.
Now onto to the polish...
You are supposed to spray it on and buff it in 
small circles with a clean 
cotton cloth until it forms a hazy sheen.
Think "Wax On, Wax Off"
Hazy it is!  
Now, wait at least 30 minutes before 
buffing it out completely.
While I was waiting for the polish to dry 
I started another project:
This little table was rescued at an Estate Sale for $15.00.  
I needed a small table for the side of the sofa 
and I thought that I could paint it if I couldn't 
revive the wood.
I am embarrassed to say that it sat like this 
for a few months! 
Isn't it cute though?  
I love the slanted book shelf on the bottom.
OK, let's take a good look at the top of this table.  
Water stains, scratches and just general wear and tear.  
Resor-A-Finish is a product that my mom told me about.  
I have used it on just about EVERYTHING!
I thought I would give this product a try first instead of sanding and refinishing. 
I can only seem to find this at Home Depot.
It is so easy to use, you just wipe it on with a soft cloth 
and wipe off any residue.
Let's see if it worked...
OK, WOW!!!
It took all of the scratches and water marks away!  
The finish is even and back 
to it's beautiful self.  
Do they sell this for faces?  
OK, I love how it looks but it seemed to lack luster.  
I wiped a little lemon oil on it and it just soaked it up!  
I had to apply it at least three times.  
But think about it...
Your furniture is thirsty in the winter!  
I know that I have been reaching for the hand cream 
 a LOT this winter.  
 I have a whole house humidifier and 
 I still feel the dryness.  
 Wood in the winter needs a little more TLC.  
 Just wipe your furniture down with the lemon oil once a 
week and watch it suck it up like it's a Margarita!
 OK, let's see the Before and After...
Now THAT makes me happy!

Back to my granite...
How shiny is that?  
It's like glass!  
I redecorated, cause that is like 
the reward for my hard work...
I kept some things and added some things from storage.
 My favorite Vintage Tole platter.
A sweet cow print.
And in the upper cabinets,
I added a little bling with an old silver platter.
And another cow painting to carry on the theme.
My built in hutch is one of my most pinned pins!  
I kept it simple on the sink side.  
I don't like to have a lot of clutter or appliances out.
My favorite white rooster, a fresh tea towel
And a little greenery.  
This is the only plant in the house that I haven't killed...yet.

Thanks for stopping by,
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top