I thought that an all white table 
for Valentine's Day 
was appropriate with all of this 
cold, 
snowy, 
icy weather 
we are all experiencing.  
I used my favorite 
Battenburg 
lace tablecloth 
and mixed in 
gold, silver and 
antique silver candlesticks. 
The gold napkins set off the One King's Lane plates 
embossed with a crown 
and a Fleur-dis-lis on the charger.  
The gold in the flatware 
from World Market 
compliments the gold tones.  
 I was fortunate enough to have our 
house guest take these photos for me!  
You can see Alex's adorable blog here.
To add texture and shine 
I used my favorite goblets 
passed down in our family 
from my great grandmother.  
What is that I see on the left?  
A hint of color?
Purple tulips in a white ironstone pitcher.  
Not the traditional Valentine 
red rose 
but somehow more wistful this time of year.  
The promise of Spring!  
Tulips have a way of deciding 
where they want to go.  
That's what I love about a 
mass arrangement 
like this.  
No planning, 
just plunk them in the pitcher 
and watch them reach 
towards the sun.


My Angel wings from Decor Steals 
have made an unexpected appearance.  



Dessert and tea are set up on the buffet.  
Perhaps the wings 
are guarding 
dessert from my children!  

  I had a heck of a time 
keeping them out 
of the heart shaped, 
chocolate dipped 
shortbread cookies!
But, truth be known, 
I had a hard time 
resisting them 
myself!
More tulips in Silver this time.  
A Silver tray 
with sugar and creamer 
and the cookies under glass.
Another Decor Steals goody... 
This beautiful carved tray 
that I gilded with gold.  
Delicate tea cups 
and saucers with gold trim 
await tea time.
I picked up these sweet luncheon napkins 
at the 
Mission Road Antique Mall 
last weekend.  
It was an afternoon date with Mr. Beaux.  
Lunch and a stroll through the Antique Mall.  
That's my idea 
of a fun afternoon! 
I have been saving these Limoges dishes 
for a Spring tablescape 
but somehow they managed 
to sneak into this post.

Hungry yet?

Hope you are spending Valentine's Day with those you Love!
Stay Safe and Warm!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Joining:
 Between Naps On The Porch 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top