I am so looking forward to the weekend!  
I have a million things I want to get done!  
How about you?
This almost Spring-like weather 
has me in a cleaning frenzy!  
I have collected a few copper pieces 
over the years at Estate Sales and such.  
Not that many pieces really.  
But, down in a box in my storage room 
were a few wonderful and old copper pots 
and molds that belonged to my MIL.  
When she passed away the brothers and sisters 
got together to close the house.  
We told lots of stories as we uncovered 
the many treasures 
that had been hidden away.  
The story of this old copper pot 
had me laughing and crying at the same time.  
On a trip to France, 
she came across this pot 
in an antique store.  
She loved how beat up it was 
and imagined a French Chef 
cooking wonderful meals in it.  
She wanted to bring it home 
and hang it on her pot rack.  
The price was right so she carried it proudly 
back to the hotel room.  
Her bubble was burst when my FIL  
asked her how she was going to get it home!  
It was quite large and wouldn't fit in the suitcase.  
Determined, 
she decided 
that she would 
hand carry it home.
I really don't blame her 
but I have to chuckle 
when I think of her lugging 
it all the way home on the airplane.  
Look at the craftsmanship!  
I just wasn't ready 
until now to bring them out of storage.  
The time just seems right 
now for some reason.  
But they needed to be cleaned.  
So I Googled away 
to find out how to clean them 
with what I had on hand.
Martha said to use Lemon and Course Salt 
but I didn't have any lemons.  
I scrolled down to see the comments 
and people were talking about 
using Vinegar and Salt 
and one woman even said 
that she used a paste of Flour, Salt and Vinegar.  
I had that!
I made the paste...
And started wiping it with a soft colth.
Well, that didn't work!  
So I tried just plain Vinegar and Salt.  
Not too good either.
Off to the store I went! 
Martha said to cut the Lemon 
in half, 
dip it in the Course Salt 
and scrub away.

Wow!  
That really DOES work!  
Martha!  
Why are you always RIGHT!!!
Lots of Lemons 
and elbow grease later... 
I am ready to display my Copper!
Now I just have to figure out where to put it!  
Come back next week 
to see where it ends up.  

Don't forget to follow 
by email, Bloglovin or GFC 
so you won't miss a post!  

Until Next Time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top