I had a totally different blog post 
lined up for today but I got so excited 
over my success 
that I had to share it with all of you!  
In my last post you read how upset 
I was over a recent online purchase 
that wasn't what I was expecting.  
Unfortunately, I couldn't return the bed-skirt 
because it was a final purchase item.
Soooo, after reading all of your lovely comments 
I decided to go ahead 
and try to fade the bed-skirt fabric.  
 Here it is before...  
Slightly garish and not at all what I ordered.
I read up online on how to safely fade fabrics.  
Martha even chimed in with her advice.  
Hey, if you can't trust Martha 
then who can you trust... 
Although, I do recall a birthday cake 
that I ended up in tears over... 
but that is a different story!  
I used Clorox Ultimate Care bleach, 
Oxi Clean White Revive, 
and a small amount of regular Clorox bleach.  
 I washed it three or four times 
in the washing machine 
and then set it out to dry in the sun to dry.  
Because what fades things better than the sun, right?  
 I tried not to be too conspicuous 
because there was a  pro-am golf tournament 
happening on our golf course this weekend.  
I'm sure my laundry hanging in the backyard 
would only add to the credibility 
of the tournament!  
But, I do have to tell you 
that the sweet little kids next door 
sell lemonade every year 
to raise money for Brain Tumor Research.  
So adorable!  
So did it work?  
Heck yeah!  
Scroll up to see the difference!  
So much softer and the colors are so much calmer.  
I am so thankful for my readers 
and their wonderful ideas!  
I seriously LOVE you guys 
and I read every comment that you make.  
If I don't respond 
it is only because I can't track you down.  
Look at how well it now blends with my drapes.
It's a little bit of perfection!  
Right there in my Master Bedroom!  
I am just going to take a moment 
and stare at how lovely it is! 
And I give all the credit 
to my wonderful readers!  

Thanks again!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top