Yesterday I gave you a snippet of something that I had been working on this past week.  
If you hadn't guessed, this is my Kitchen/Hearth Room with a new addition.  I got a ton of traffic from my Kitchen Reveal this week. See Here (Thank You!)  I was sitting there looking at the pictures one night and some things really stood out (in a negative way). OK, one is that I am not a very good photographer!  But, let's overlook that for now.  Look along with me...
I love my Shutters but I have always felt like I needed some kind of Drapery or Panel to soften up the windows.  
And you can see my Slider here that goes out to the Sun Porch needs a window treatment too.  So, as I was looking at the pictures and trying to figure out what I wanted to do (trust me I have thought about this a LOT and for a very long time) I went downstairs to the basement to get a cold drink.  Right as you walk downstairs there is a glass display case that I had used in a model home.  I don't have ANY idea why it is in that spot (the truth is that I loved it so much and I wanted to keep it so I sneaked it into the basement instead of selling it when Mr. Beaux wasn't looking). 

Here it is in the Model

My plan was to have my son help me move it upstairs on Thursday while Mr. Beaux was at work.  I thought maybe he wouldn't notice.  *Wink*  Hey, once I painted the entryway RED in our old house and he walked right thru and didn't say a thing!  I asked him if he noticed that anything was different and he stammered and said "You've changed your hair?"  Hmmmmm 
Well, that plan didn't work.  My son went downstairs and declared the piece too heavy for the two of us to move it upstairs.  So, I fixed Mr. Beaux a nice dinner (ok, I heated up some leftovers) and asked him nicely if we could maybe, possibly, any chance, we could move it upstairs.  After a lot of surveying and  pondering we finally just hefted it up on it's side up the stairs.  YAY!!!

It's not a very expensive piece of furniture but I've always liked it.  Originally Mr. Beaux didn't want anything obstructing the view out the windows but they built a strip mall and an apartment building across the street so there goes the "view".  Here is a look at it as it sits in the room.
Mr. Jackson likes it! I shopped the house for things to put inside.  I'm thinking Spring!
And on the top:  More shopping around the house!
The little teapot lamp that I bought at Steinmart and I painted with ASCP in old white and used the dark wax. I was going to change the shade but Miss Beaux liked the original one better. 
I still need window treatments,
 but in the meantime, 
I'm a little bit happier with the room.
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charmfor Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Designfor the Winter Blues Party
Finding Fabulous
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at
My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top