It's my third installment of 
"Stop Pinning and DO Something!"

Here is the Inspiration picture Pinned from Pinterest a while back.
Pinterest.com





 I fell in love with the Plates over the bed and thought that our Master Bedroom needed something just like that to snazz it up a bit. 

We painted about a month ago and I have been trying to make small changes a little at a time.  I love Ironstone and have been collecting it at Antique shops and Thrift stores when I find a piece I like.  I love the creamy color and the weight of the plates.  

I measured the space from the bed to the ceiling and the width of the Rod Iron Bed and cut a piece of Butcher Paper the same size.  I ran out of paper so I used wrapping paper too. I measured the halfway spot and marked it with a Sharpie.  I set out my plates until I found a pleasing arrangement. 
 And, then I traced around the plates with a Sharpie and hung it up on the wall to see if I liked it!

From this point I called in Mr. Beaux!  I'm not that tall and I couldn't see putting a ladder on top of the bed!
He put a nail hole where he thought each hook would be and when we took the paper down you could easily see the holes to hang the hooks.

Just a little bit of tweaking and in the end I decided that I didn't like the two plates on the bottom so I left them off.  But overall I am very happy and even though there is a lot more "tweaking" to do in the room I like the results of this episode of 
"Stop Pinning and DO Something!"

Beaux R'eves!
XO Cindy


Sharing at:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
Keeping it Simple
A Sort of Fairytale
Beth at
The Stories of A2Zfor Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at
Coastal Charmfor Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures 
Evolution of Style 
Tutus & Tea Parties Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednsday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays 


Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Between U & Me
Cindy at
My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Five Days...5 Ways

 Jen at Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top