On New Years Day the Family got together for a late Brunch.  My boys were dragging after being up late but they were happy to eat a nice hot breakfast!
 My Sister had sent this Basket full of goodies from Vermont. YUM!!!

And my Mom sent a few of these fabulous coffee cakes. The kids had already devoured one before Christmas so I stashed this one in the freezer.
On the menu: 
Pancakes
Bacon
Saugage
Egg and Cheese Casserole
Fruit
Apple Struesal Coffee Cake

 Here's a tip... Put your bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet on 350 until it is crispy.  That way you don't have to watch it while you do other things. My good friend Kristy taught me that one.

 Don't you just love After Christmas Sales!  It's more exciting to me than opening gifts. (Shhhhh Don't tell Mr. Beaux that). I found a tablecloth at Target for $8.00 that I cut up and sewed to make these placemats and napkins. The table runner is a scarf from the Gap.  The cute Snowman Hot Chocolate Mug was a Michaels find at 89 cents!  The white plates are Basics from JCPenny that I use for Staging, and the little Snowman is an After Christmas Sale ornament that will make it to the tree next year.  I almost forgot!!! The little sleigh is actually a cupcake holder from Crate and Barrell.  How A-Dorable is that?

 I wrapped the silverware in the napkins and tied it with ribbon and a sweet little snowflake that came from the Crackers that we opened the night before.
 Snowflakes hang from the light fixture and also surround a cute vase that my Sister sent to me last year with beautiful roses in it. I filled it with Boxwood from the front yard and trimmed it until it had a rounded shape.  Crate and Barrel Bowls (another ACSale item) are ready to fill along with Tiny syrup pitchers, Snowflake votives, and cranberry candles.
 It was a wonderful New Years Day Brunch!  The rest of the day was spent lounging in our PJ's reading books, watching movies, and playing Wii Sports. I am still trying to figure out how to work those darn controllers.

All to soon everyone will back to School and Work and routines...  It was nice to spend some time doing nothing at all with the people I love and cherish.
Wishing you a Spendid 2012!

Sharing on 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top