My house feels neglected now that Christmas is over, so I am going through room by room and replenishing what has been ravaged by the Christmas take down.

 Today I worked on my Built in Hutch that is next to our Fridge. 

 Here is what it looked like Before:


 It seems to be a catch-all for clutter, mail and junk.  I've had the stemware in the chicken wire cabinets since we redid the Kitchen (after a flood... that's a whole other long post).  But I was never really happy with it there but didn't do anything about it.  


I thought this Phone Charger Station was a good idea but not one member of the family charges their phone here.  So OUT it goes!


Don't you love a Clean Slate, A Blank Canvas?  

 Here is my Collection of "All Things White".  Some of these were just returned to me by a friend I had them loaned out to.  Do you share things like that?  It makes it fun when you can swap the things you are tired of, when they return they seem brand new!


 I had a Birdcage from Eons ago down in the Basement Storage Area.  OK, one thing I LOVE about the midwest is the Basements!  I could probably make a whole bedroom out of our Storage Area!  Anyway, I painted it white with some paint I had around...

 Here is the finished Product.  I am quite pleased with the look.  

 Tiny projects included:  Painting this plate (that someone had given us a while back) with Chalkboard Paint; Putting Typography Numerals on the Mint Julip white glasses with Modge Podge; Spray Painting the small Bucket behind the Silverware white; repotting the African Violet into the teacup; and painting the Birdcage.


 I've decided to put corks into the birdcage as nothing else will fit thru the tiny door.  I had better start Drinking!!!

 I tossed my numbered Napkins from my Countdown to New Years Post into the Bucket.  You can view the post by clicking on the link here.  

 I kept my Rooster that I purchased at the Mission Road Antique Mall a while back along with another little Rooster from the Design Center.  The Tole painted piece is actually a cardboard placemat that I picked up at a Consignment Store.  The colors really blend with my Hearth Room Furniture.  At $5.00 I couldn't pass it up!   


My little lovebirds were a great find at a Home Tour Boutique.  I love to go to all the local Home Tours put on by the Woman's Clubs.  So much Fun!  

OK, on to the next Space!

Happy Thursday!

Sharing at 
  My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
  French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
  2805 for Potpourri Friday
  The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
  Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
  The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

  Finding Fabulous 
  Between Naps on the Porch 
A Stroll Thru Life 
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Coastal Charm
Ivy and Elephants
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top