Happy Chinese New Year!
This year is the year of the Dragon!  
Monday January 23, 2012
 I love to create a table with all of my beautiful things from my travels to China. (This Dragon excluded, he was a Target purchase).  Mr. Beaux spent over three years working in Shanghai and Hong Kong (he would stay for six weeks at a time) and my family had the pleasure of accompanying him on more than one occasion.  The people are so friendly and they loved my son's Blonde hair!    


Aren't these Dragons so whimsical and playful?






 I purchased these beautiful placemats at a Bazaar in Shanghai along with the table runner.  We had an interpreter help us to "Bargain" with the shop owners.  I couldn't understand what they were saying but I love a good Bargain!
  These gorgeous teacups belonged to a set that was a gift to us.  I almost died when I was cleaning one day and I broke the Teapot into a million tiny little pieces!
The plates are from Target ($3.99 for a set of four) and the red bowls are from Crate and Barrel.
 I picked up these Money envelopes from World Market.  Love the Red and Gold Designs.
 The cutest old man on You Tube showed me how to fold these Bird of Paradise Napkins!

 Daises and White pom pom flowers fill the Red "take out" boxes.
 Can't you imagine the Dragons parading down the street!
 The Three Chinese Wise Men are on alert to provide us Wealth, Prosperity, and Longevity!
These were a gift from a very dear friend of ours.  The wise men should be placed somewhere in your living or Dining Room in a row, not too low and not directly facing the Front Door or the Outside. 
 I've left an offering of Oranges for good luck!
Time for Tea!
 It's going to be a FUN celebration!
 Happy Chinese New Year!
We will be celebrating with my Mom as she is coming into town to visit this Friday.  I have a million things to do between now and then!  
Beaux R'eves!

XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Susan atBetween Naps on the Porch 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top