OK, so I started to do a post about re-styling
 my display shelves in my Living Room
 and it occurred to me that I have never 
invited you in to see this room. 
 So, as my kids would say 
I'm "removing the velvet ropes" 
to let you come in for a visit. 
 This is the view from my Entry Way.
 The floors in the Entry, Dining Room and Living Room are
 all travertine laid in a brick pattern.  
I had the travertine sealed and enhanced
 to show off the beautiful colors. 
You can see the Hearth Room and Kitchen to the right 
and to the left is the entry hall to the Master Bedroom. 
 When we built the house in 2002 we wanted
 an open floor plan and considered 
not having a "Formal" living room at all.  
But, we do entertain and I love having a pretty room that stays nice all the time.  Just walking by this room a million times a day makes me happy. 
 The ceilings are coffered and painted Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue and the walls
 are Benjamin Moore Quincy Tan.

This is a straight on view into the room. 
You can see my Screened In Porch behind the Living Room.
The columns are Faux finished to mimic stone and the base of the columns were hand painted by the same artists. 
 I love all the trim moldings in this room and I have never been able to bring myself to put draperies up. 
 It's hard for the camera to pick up all the exquisite colors in this rug.  The pattern repeats the coffered ceiling pattern.  Did you know that wool rugs are the only furniture that increases or at least retains their value as the years go on.
This is the bookcase that started this post.  I'll post about it later this week.  The fireplace goes thru to the Kitchen/Hearth room and is surrounded by smaller tiles of the Travertine.  Glitzy sconces flank our family picture. 
 On the walls are paintings we bought in Venice on our Anniversary trip to Italy.  I had them framed here in town and inadvertently picked out the same framing for the family picture at the photographer's studio.
 A happy accident.

I have to tell you about this painting.  On our trip to Italy we took a lot of photos, of course.  Well, we had one photo that we just loved. Mr. Beaux was working in China at the time and a gentleman that he worked with painted as a hobby.  He took our photo and painted this awesome painting. 
This is the photo.
And here they are side by side. 
 The chairs are by Fremarc and the Silk sofa is made by Kravet.  Both were at my local design center about seven years ago.  Wow, doesn't seem that long ago.
 My dog loves to hide treats in the corners of the sofa. 
 When I started shooting these pictures she proudly pulled out a prized rawhide bone! 
  I love chairs like this with a decorative back. 
 I change the pillows to suit my moods and the seasons.  There is my sweet little bargain garden stool from Homegoods.
I've owned this wine cabinet for quite some time.  It's a reproduction but I still love it. 
I can close the doors to make more room and it still looks pretty!
I ordered this wonderful crown from Wuslu and the other crowns in the room are from Ballard.  I was in a crown phase for a while.
I love tray tables!  Lots of treasures on this one.  Scrolls from China, a large clam shell bowl from Homegoods, Teacups and a moss nest under a cloche.  This delicate china set was given to me by a lovely staging client I recently worked with.
  I meet the nicest people! 
On the end table near the sofa is a picture of my Nana and Pop-Pop.  Look at that handsome couple!
  Did you see my post about the Teacup candles? 
 Here is one that I made in a pale chartreuse.
  If you missed it you can view it HERE
 Another crown with some handmade paper and a paperweight under another cloche. 


Thanks for coming over to visit.  I love having company in the "front room".  Reminds me to mind my manners and sit up straight!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charmfor Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Designfor the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday 
 Evolution of Style


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top