I have been in love with Tole Trays since 
the day I walked into my BFF's green apple office that was covered with them.  I started collecting them at Estate Sales refusing to pay more than a few dollars for each of them.
 My collection has grown and I originally wanted to display them in the Kitchen but I really have a lack of wall space.  
This is my pantry door that I painted with chalkboard paint way back in January.  I am standing on my back stairs as I take this picture.  The kitchen is to the left and the back hall, garage door and laundry room are to the right.
 So, I thought why not hang them around the pantry door?  
I adore how unique each of them are.  
Some shabby and worn,
some small and shiny.
Each one hand painted.  
The history of the Tole Tray is not certain but they think that they originated in the UK around the late 1700's at the School of Arts.  The decorative artists were being taught how to load up their brushes with more than one color of paint to create the petals and leaves of the flowers.  
I don't know how old my Tole Trays are and I really don't care about the value of the trays.  
I just love the way they look.
To hang them I attached a self adhesive plate holder on the back of some.
And on the small trays I used a spot of hot glue and a paperclip.
I can always add to my wall
 and I look forward to the hunt 
at future Estate Sales!
Source: Country Living.com

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

Sharing at 
Sharing at 
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top