Earlier this week I introduced you to Delilah, my new Estate Sale chair .  I knew when I found her in the basement that although she was in perfect 
condition that she needed a little TLC. 
 Her seat cushion was a little flat and saggy. 
 ~Sigh~ 
 It happens to the best of us.  
So today, I remembered the conversation I had with my BFF as I was deciding whether or not to buy her.
  You see, my BFF used to work in the Drapery Business
 in Texas as a Designer/Salesperson. 
 She is a wealth of information!  
I always learn something new that I can incorporate 
into my own work. 
Besides that, she is Hilarious and we have such fun together! 
 Back to my story. . .
 I commented on how her seat was a little lackluster and BFF says casually, "You know we used to buy down pillows from Sears and just cut them up and use them for stuffing."  Hmmmmm, I filed that into my "Info to use later" file and loaded the chair into the car.  

 Let's test the theory shall we?
 I found an old down pillow that I wasn't using. 
 Haha, it was on Mr. B's side of the bed.  
Hey, I said that "I" wasn't using it!  
Don't worry, I'll replace it...
 I busted it open and found all of this super soft white down.  Word to the wise: Turn off the ceiling fan before attempting this project.  

I unzipped Delilah's seat cushion (no wonder she has a new dress on- hello 1985) and unzipped the cover under that one.  You can see the foam cushion and the sparse batting around it.  I stuffed the down into the old cushion cover so that way I can unzip Delilah's new dress and send it to the cleaners anytime I want.  

I just stuffed it way down in there and used almost the whole pillow.

I zipped her back up and tried her out. 
 Nope, a little more I think. 
 There, perfect!
Nice!  Soft and cushy!  
I know it's not THAT big of a deal but it sure looks better to me.  And to think not ONE Squat or Lunge was performed in this seat enhancement!  

StoneGable has a fun new party: Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits that I'm joining tonight at 8:00pm.

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top