If you've been reading my blog lately you know that I've been working to update the patio space under my deck.  It's a large area that was getting no love whatsoever.  So, after cleaning up the table and chairs, painting the furniture and staining the concrete I was ready to add a comfy spot to read or maybe even take a nap.  Mr. Beaux agreed to make a piece of furniture for me to cut down on costs.  We researched plans on the internet and came across a few sites that had "double lounge chairs".  I thought that this would be a fantastic addition to the corner of the patio.  But as Mr. B started to build the base I came out to check on him and I liked the simplicity of the base just by itself.  We talked about it and I knew that I had an extra twin mattress that I wasn't using.
Well, follow along to see how it turned out!
Here he is putting on a coat of stain.  
 So, basically, it is a platform base with an attached headboard. 
 It measures 44"X76" and is 12" tall. 
Here it is on the patio. 
 Ready to get comfy?
I added the mattress with a waterproof cover and put a 6X9 dropcloth over it.  I like that there is space around the edges to show off the wood.  Want to add some pillows?
Miss Beaux and I went shopping this week and I found all of these pillow covers at Marshall's and the Union Jack pillow I snagged at World Market.  I had the feed sack stashed away for a long time just waiting for the right spot.  I cheated on that pillow as I really only stuffed another pillow in there and folded it in.  
Can you believe that I found these two pictures at an Estate Sale this morning?  $25.00 a piece.  The Home Goods sticker was still on the back priced at $50.00.  I'm not worried about them getting ruined outside because the canvas is plastic.  I bought the palm at Costco, $22.00.  I need to fix it up with some Spanish Moss.  You can barely see my new rug with the pretty blue print. 

Here is a better view.  Miss B and I found the other two rugs at Target on clearance for $29.00 .  I wanted to layer the rugs to add depth.  (I see that one of the rugs is not matching up with the other and now my OCD is kicking in).  I placed two of the patio chairs for extra seating and now we have a real conversation area.  
I brought down my Home Goods garden stool from the Living Room that I bought for a song at $49.00. I think it's really coming together now.  I need to find a cocktail table and a few odds and ends and I think we are done.  When I got it all together yesterday my middle son was home to celebrate the 4th with us.  He came down to see the patio all finished and said "Hey, COOL, a Hobo Bed!".  I laughed soooooo hard.  A HOBO bed?  I asked him what that meant and he explained that at College that would be perfect for the guy who always has too much to drink at the party!  Make him sleep outside like a Hobo!  Now we officially call it the "Hobo Bed".  
Don't you love your kids and their humor?
Wait until you see Mr. B's idea for the patio in my next post! 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy
Sharing at:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
 Not Just a Housewife
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charmfor Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Poutpourri Friday at 2805
Debbiedoos  Pin-it Party
 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways
 Stone Gable~Tutorials,Tips,and Tidbits

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top