This is my mom's patio out in La Quinta California that she just freshened up. Funny thing was that we were both doing our patios at the same time and we didn't even know it.  Does that happen with you and your mom?  It happens to us all the time! 
 Meet my mom! 

Here we are waiting to get into the Ellen Show last year.  Isn't she a doll?  I could go on and on about how wonderful my mom is but today I wanted to show you what a great Do It Yourselfer she is.  Growing up there were always projects going on around the house.  
Sewing, crafting, remodeling, you name it! 
 That's where I get my fearless DIY spirit! 
 Thanks MOM!!! 
 Let's take a look at the before and after and
see what she's been up to.
 She practically LIVES outside on her patio.  Out in the desert the furniture takes a beating and so do the cushions.  Dust, Dirt and sun have dulled the look of these.  
Besides, Mom just decided it was time for a change.
So, after watching me recover a chair in dropcloth fabric, she decided to use it as her base fabric and then she can add different pillows as her moods and the seasons change.  She made cushions for this chair and the setee above,

A bench cushion under the window seat ,
The patio chairs (that she painted last year)
and even a lamp that she had made a custom cover for last year.
Here's how it looks now.  Don't you love the fresh and summery look now? 
 Love the colors! 
 The white cushions really make a difference.  
The lamp turned out so cute!

Polka Dots!  
What a cute pattern on the chair.
She even painted her "Terracotta pots-turned upside down for tables" and placed the fabric underneath the glass.

Thanks Mom for sharing your patio with us and also for always encouraging me to DIY!
Love you!
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy


I'm linking to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
 Judy at DIY by Design
 Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top