Good Morning!  
I'm wrapping up my patio space this week.  Just in time too, as my dear baby sister is coming to visit on Friday.  I have the extreme pleasure of keeping my beautiful niece for a whole MONTH!  I can't wait!  She and Miss Beaux act just like sisters (without the fighting).  I love watching them together. 

Pottery Barn
 If you have been following along I started with the patio furniture, staining the concrete and creating the "Hobo" bed.  (yes the name has stuck!)  When I began this project I had visions of curtains softly blowing in the breeze allowing for some privacy and adding some softness to the space.  Hmmmm, then the sticker shock set in!  Have you priced outdoor curtains?  WOW!  Anywhere from $50-$100 per panel.  Times that by 8 and you are talking expensive!  There had to be another solution. 


 I thought about sewing curtains but after all the work we put into the patio I just ran out of gas. 
Mr. Beaux came home from work one day and sat on the sofa.  He looked at me very seriously and said "I want to talk to you about something."  Uh Oh  "I was thinking about this at work all day"  Um, OK  "What do you think about using plumbing pieces for the curtain rods?" 
 OH YOU DEAR MAN!!! 
What a stellar idea!!!
"We could use a Flange, and an Elbow and pipe for the rod."  I nodded my head and pretended to know what all of those things were.  We headed to Lowe's after dinner and cruised the aisles for what we needed.  We ended up using electrical conduit instead of pipe as it was more cost effective.  
He sent me to the paint section to pick up more spray paint.  
That's when it hit me!  
I could use 6X9 drop cloths for the curtains. 
 They were the perfect size and only $10.00 each! 
Mr. B hung up the rods with 
inexpensive curtain rings attached. 

I just clipped on the drop cloths and we were all set!  I washed the drop cloths first because I thought they were too stiff.  Also, we first purchased 4 -10 oz weight drop cloths and they were longer than the 8oz ones for some reason, so I just folded them over at the top.  I know they don't match right now but I got over it.  Life isn't perfect and maybe someday I will buy more so that they all match. 
Now I am going to show you a million pictures that I took.  Thanks for indulging me!
 Curtains closed!  
Yes, I see the seam on the cloth to the left...  I could have cropped it out but this is reality here...
Closed from the outside.  
Does it look like one of those VIP cabanas?  
Ha, Ha, where IS that pool boy?

Wouldn't it be so fun to have a party here?
Night time shot
With the flash...
I seriously can't wait to use it! 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

I'm linking to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays and Judy at DIY by Design
 Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays

 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Poutpourri Friday at 2805

 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jellofor the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways

 Stone Gable~Tutorials,Tips,and Tidbits

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top