Last week I shared my Easing into Fall philosophy... 
  I'm not quite ready for fall colors so I am decorating with soft creams, browns and my beloved aqua.
I told you that I was working on a chair to replace the Parson's chair that put there temporarily.  I have been dying to find the time to reupholster this occasional chair.
 It was a Nebraska Furniture Mart clearance item that I bought a while back to furnish a Model Home.  I've always liked the lines of the chair but I detested the fabric on the seat.
I picked up this wonderful fabric in San Francisco at a Fabric Warehouse.  Am I the only one who visits a Fabric Warehouse on vacation???  Anyway, it's a suede like fabric in my favorite Aqua color.  I bought the remnant that was 2 3/4 yards for $13.00. 
I stripped off the Ugly fabric and 
painted it ASCP Duck Egg Blue.
I then painted Old White over the blue.  I cut out the fabric and couldn't wait to see how it looked.  I still had to wax and distress before I could staple the fabric onto the chair.  
I glued trim onto the edges of the fabric (two layers) to finish it off.  Before I did that I trimmed off all of the excess fabric.  What do you think?
I love the way the blue shows through. 
Should I distress more?  
I was kind of in a hurry since we were leaving the next day to go up to Colorado.  I also see a spot of wax there on the left that I need to buff out.  
Here's how it looks in my Entry Way.  I like how the dark chest and the light mirror and chair play against each other.  My sweet Cocker Spaniel even blends into my vignette!  
Before I go I have to share a birthday present that I just opened when I got home from our trip.
 My sweet son had this photo enlarged and professionally framed for me.  I cried when I saw it!  It has always been one of my favorite pictures but I never really told anyone.  
How cute are these guys?  This was taken the first year that we moved from California to Kansas.  How in the world did they get to be 16, 22 and almost 26 ??(the big guy has a birthday on Thursday)
OK, I'm done with the sappiness! 
 I can't wait to hang it on my Gallery Wall!
 Off to do more Fall Decorating!  
Even though it's supposed to be 97 today!!!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
 I'm linking to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
 Judy at DIY by Design

 StoneGable~Tutorials,Tips and Tidbits
 DIY Showoff~ Fall Festival 
  Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 
From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Poutpourri Friday at 2805

 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Furniture Feature Friday~Miss Mustard Seed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top