I scored the BARGAIN of the century with my 
beautiful silk drapes that I found at an Estate Sale.  I couldn't believe how well they matched my Hearth Room furniture and waited patiently to hang them when 
we got back from our short trip to Colorado.  
Even more exciting was that I also found the hardware 
(well most of it) at the same Estate Sale for only $8.00.  
 I gave Mr. Beaux instructions on precisely
 how I wanted them hung. 
 He did a great job except:
I came up a little short!  
Now you are correct, I should know better. 
 I should have measured first and anticipated this disaster.  But, hey, I'm human. 
I DID measure the drapes 
when I brought them home.
  I just forgot to measure the space they were going into.  
I got busy and started doing other things and just assumed (always gets me into trouble) they would be long enough.  Well, now what to do?
Make some choices that's what! 
 What to put at the bottom of the curtains
 to make them longer...
1.  JoAnne's Fabric, kind of burlappy and nubby.  I really liked this but it wasn't on sale like I thought it was so I put it back.
2. Calico Corners, a larger check/plaid in the same color way as the edging.  Nah, a little too bright for me.
3. From my fabric stash.  Someday I will actually use this fabric but not for these curtains.  
4. Calico Corners, I thought that a stripe might blend in but it got too busy.
5. Fabric stash again.  OMG, I think this might be PERFECT!!!  It's got the same colors, it's silk, I like that it's darker and will ground the curtains.  This fabric is from Beacon Hill.  I designed the most gorgeous drapes for a client with this fabric.  

I measured the width of the curtains and cut the fabric.  I folded it in half and ironed it on the fold.
I cut it in half on the fold.
I ironed a small hem in the fabric and sewed it.  
Straight line sewing is about all I can do!
I pinned the fabric on the curtains, right sides together. 
 That I do remember from Home Ec.
 Ta-Da!  One side done!  

Here is the top of the rod that Mr. Beaux hung up for me. 
 I bought the rod and 4 finials for $8.00 and bought the rings and the brackets at Lowe's.  I know that they don't match EXACTLY but when it's up there you really can't tell.  

Cost for my All Silk Curtains: 

Panels:               $15.00 each 
Dry Cleaning:  $13.00 each
Rod:                    $8:00
4 Brackets 
and 
14 Rings:           $20.00
Fabric:              $0.00

Total:                $42.00 per panel 

Not too shabby!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy    

Susan at Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
I'm linking to Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
 Judy at DIY by Design

    Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday 

Poutpourri Friday at 2805
 Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits 
 Susan's Tablescape Thursday
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

 Cindy at My Romantic Homefor Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top