Is it too EARLY to break out my new (to me) Johnson Brother's Friendly Village dishes?  I say absolutely NOT when you mix them with pretty Aqua, Brown, Cream and lots of Fall accessories. ( I bought these dishes in June and have been waiting patiently to use them.  Make sure you read the post to see what a steal I got!)
I was taking off from my Easing into Fall decorating strategy.  I wanted to still use my favorite Summer colors but start to move into fall.  
So, I set my Formal Dining Room table with
 a beautiful Estate Sale Linen colored tablecloth, a wood charger, my One King's Lane white crown plates, an Aqua Fleurs-De-Lis salad plate, 
and just a few Friendly Village pieces. 
 It's the perfect mix! 
 I topped it off with creamy bone flatware from World Market and an Aqua napkin draped down the front of the place setting.  
 I picked up this tablecloth a while back for $10 dollars with 8 napkins and it's been sitting in my cupboard just waiting for the perfect combination.  I love the pretty raised pattern and how it swirls around the plates.
In keeping with my subdued Fall Color Scheme, I used white pumpkins, large acorns and just a few Fall leaves.  The pretty butterscotch pillar candles say Fall to me too! 
I began this table by taking apart a large grapevine wreath and twisting it down the middle of the table.  How did I get it to stay there and not pop back up in my face?  (well OK, it did that a few times)  I placed some heavy books on each end and left it there for a few days while I was busy doing other things.  (you'll see later what I am talking about, it involves my new Roe Deer Antlers and my Buffet hutch)
I've had these Hurricane Candle Holders for quite a while.  They have been on my table for years with everything from sand to Christmas ornaments inside.  They were a splurge purchase at my local Design Center.  I walked in and saw them and knew they were coming home with me.  Turned out to be a great purchase as they have been my favorites for so long! 
 You can see a little hint of my Buffet in the background of this picture.  In my next post I'll reveal what I've been working on.  
So did I pull it off?
  Combining Johnson Brother's Friendly Village with Aqua, and Fall-light colors?  
What's funny is the plates really have a lot of that pretty Aqua in them when you take a closer look.

It's fun to play with dishes and color schemes! 

Stay tuned for the reveal of the Buffet...
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy


 
I'll be linking up to these wonderful parties:

  Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cuisine Kathleen's-Let's Dish
Style Sisters- Centerpiece Wednesday
Susan's Tablescape Thursday 

Countdown to Fall~  Sand and Sisal
DIY Showoff~Fall Festival

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top