When I mentioned yesterday that I was exhausted 
I didn't fully explain why 
I thought I was going to drop dead at any minute.  
I DID tell you that we painted the Master Bedroom 
after the floors were installed.  
And, yes I AM going to reveal the color 
for those of you that have been asking.  
I am so glad that you like it as much as I do. 

When the floors were finished 
(OK, way before the floors were finished 
but don't tell Mr. Beaux!)  
I thought that our dark wood floors were lovely, 
rich and elegant... 
and here comes the But... 
BUT, all of the wood furniture 
that we have in the room 
is now sinking into the floor and disappearing. 
I have had this chest for over 15 years.  
Can you believe that I bought it 
at Costco in California.  
Costco, can you please sponsor me?  
I am always talking about things 
that I buy at the Costco!  
Anyway, the chest has a real marble top 
and lots of carving.  
I have had it in the entry way of our old home, 
in the basement, 
and most recently on my side of the bed. 
Here is an old picture showing both chests. 
I love having a solid surface 
to set my coffee cup on in the morning 
or my juice glass at night.  
It is also something that I suggest to clients.  
It just makes life easier. 

So, while I was painting the bedroom 
I set the chest in the middle of the room 
on a dropcloth and painted it in between coats 
on the walls.  
Mr. Beaux would come in and grumble.  
He hates when I paint over wood surfaces.  
What is it with men?  
"Do you like it?" 
I would ask.  
"Grumble, Grumble".
After two coats of ASCP in Duck Egg Blue 
I got out my Old Masters Gold Paint.  
This paint is expensive but it lasts a long time!  
I have used it on walls 
and ceiling medallions, 
picture frames 
and lots of other things I have probably forgotten about.  
I looked around for some glaze 
to add to it so that I had a longer working time 
but I couldn't find it.  
So, I just added a bit of water 
to thin it down some.  
As soon as I would paint a section 
I would rub it off with a dry rag.  
I didn't want too much gold on it.
 I put a coat of clear wax on it 
and distressed it a bit.  
I am still in the process of using the dark wax 
to age it some.  
Don't you love photos because they don't lie!  
I see on the top where 
I could use a bit more dark wax.  
But I just got excited to show you all!
I guess I could lie or photoshop 
or just show the best angles, 
but you know I'm not like that!  
We are in this together...  
It's a learning process, right?
And it is a process!  
So what do you think?  
Oh, wait, the paint color for the walls...  It will be in the next 
post cause there is a little explaining to do!
And there was MORE painting too!  
Can you guess where? 
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
And don't forget to follow by email, Bloglovin or GFC!  

AND, Guess who set me up on Instagram?  
My son who is in Marketing!  
I put it up on the side for now 
until I get the professionals 
to integrate it with the rest of my tags. 

Sharing at:
From My Front Porch To Yours

French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

A Joyful Cottage 
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

That DIY Party @ DIY Show Off
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Before & After Wednesday @ The Dedicated House
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Adorned From Above Party @ Adorned From Above
Work It Wednesday's @ The Happy Housie
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
LinkN Blogs Party @ Put A Bird On It
Party On The Porch @ The Shady Porch

Your Whims Wednesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top