How can I be totally exhausted 
and yet thrilled and over the moon in love 
at the same time?  
All because of new Hardwood Floors 
in the Master Bedroom?  
Yep!  I can!  
The floors were finished on Friday 
and the baseboards 
were installed and painted yesterday.  
Here is how the room looked before 
the wood floors were installed.  
I chose White Oak, 
random width 3-5 inch planks with a 2 grade.  
What that means 
is that it is a slightly inferior grade 
with 1 being the highest grade.  
I wanted all of the knots, 
marks, and variations 
in the floor to give a more rustic appearance.  
Here is my lonely naked room 
the morning that they started the install.  
Goodbye icky germ and 
allergy laden carpet!  
And here it is later that night.  
We slept on the mattress 
that night because I am a big baby 
and I have to sleep in my own bed!  
You can see the Armoire 
on the other side of the room.  
They eventually had to move it into the bathroom 
to stain the floors 
but they were afraid of it!  
It is quite a beast!
Can you see all of the cool color variations and knots?  
The next morning they made three different color samples for me to choose from.  
                   #1 is Provincial
                  #2 is a 50/50 mix of Provincial and Dark Walnut 
                 #3 is a two to one mix of two parts Dark Walnut 
                       to one part Provincial.  
And the Winner is?  
Did you choose #3?  
Cause I did!  
I love the dark, warm tones.
The floors were sanded and filled 
and then stained.  
After the stain, 
three coats of  Bona Traffic HD  
water based poly were applied.  
This is a three day process 
as each coat has to cure 
before another coat is applied.  
But the great thing is that 
it is environmentally friendly 
and we could stay in the house while it was used.  
No yucky fumes!
This is the floor after one coat of the sealer.  
I was loving the floors 
but then I noticed 
that I wasn't loving the wall color anymore.  
Well, isn't that just the way it happens?  
You can't buy a new dress 
without a new pair of shoes 
to go with it now can you?  
So on Friday I marched myself 
over to the Sherwin Williams paint store 
and they just happened to be having a 30% off sale!  
How lucky am I?
We knocked out the paint job that night.  
When I am determined 
trust me I am determined!  
There are still a million things 
that I have to do in this room 
Until I reach this ^^^
but I am getting there!  
And of course, 
there is my new Estate Sale 
chair taking center stage!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

And don't forget to follow by email, GFC, or Bloglovin on the sidebar, because you don't want to miss any of the updates to this room!  

 Sharing at:
 Between Naps On The Porch 



Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top