Wow!  
We worked hard this weekend!  
But I can't think of anything 
I would rather do on a beautiful day 
than work in the yard. 
I love being outside getting things done.  
This weekend our project was 
"Mulch the Front Yard".  
We decided that filling up "Clifford" 
the big red truck 
with mulch would be more cost effective 
than having it delivered 
and or paying to have it done by the landscapers. 
Mulch in our area is about $40.00 a yard 
and Mr. Beaux's truck holds 2 yards of mulch.  
We went first thing in the morning 
and loaded it up with mulch 
along with a few plants 
that we needed to fill in some of the beds.  
It only took two truck loads 
to get the front yard finished.  
We had already done 
all of the cleanup earlier 
in the season so there wasn't much 
to do but spread the mulch.  
The planters are all filled with annuals,
And the urns are planted,
All I have to do now 
is sit back and watch them grow!
I did work on my backyard bed 
where my hydrangeas are planted.
This is what it looked like before.  
Kind of sad isn't it?  
I cut my hydrangeas wayyyyyy back this year.  
It was a really hard winter 
and we lost a few plants and shrubs.  
I needed to fill in this bed 
with perennials that would 
compliment the hydrangeas.  
 This is what it looks like now.  
I know it doesn't look that much different 
but when it all fills in it will be great.  
I planted my new blue hydrangea 
along with a few daylilies 
and two of these dianthus plants.  
I have been watering my existing hydrangeas 
with Muracid once a week 
to try to keep them blue.  
Crossing my fingers that it works.  
 Hoping that the dianthus is 
hardy enough to survive...
I also planted a bunch of these Caladium bulbs 
under my deck.  
Whew!  
I guess I have been busy!  
What gardening plans do you have?  
I can't wait to see what you have been up to!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top